Walley Insurance was founded in 1922 by Francis M Walley, Sr. The office was originally in the Walley Family’s Oak Street home in East Dedham, and many of Mr Walley’s clients were his East Dedham neighbors. The business grew to include customers from all around the Dedham area, and in 1935, the Walleys moved to a new home at 465 High Street. The insurance office moved to the new home as well, and a staff of three occupied the front parlor of the home.
Eventually, the insurance operation became too large to run from home, so the Walleys bought the grocery store building next door at 475 High Street, and moved their staff of 4 to the newly renovated office. Frank Walley Jr joined the operation full-time in 1955 after serving as a naval aviator, and helped to grow the personal and commercial business dramatically.
Frank Walley III joined the agency in 1983 and became president of the agency in 1994. The company now insures the fourth generation of our original Dedham customers along with many commercial and personal customers throughout eastern Massachusetts.